Award-Winning Artist Rachael Sage To Perform
At Midem In Cannes, France
New York, NY: MPress Records recording artist and award-winning songwriter Rachael Sage has been invited to perform in Cannes, France in January as part of the inaugural "midem off" festival. Associated with MIDEM, Europe’s largest music industry conference, “midem off” will feature a select group of artists from all over the world between January 28-31, 2012.
Rachael is scheduled to perform at Morrison’s Lounge, 10:00 PM on January 28th. Sage will be debuting songs from her upcoming album Haunted by You. Described as a "song cycle about passion", the record features a dozen original compositions and includes guest vocal performances by international folk icon Dar Williams and Verve recording artist Lucy Woodward. Mixed by Grammy® winner Kevin Killen (U2, Shakira, Tori Amos, Elvis Costello), the album is slated for a May 2012 U.S. release; a wider global release is anticipated for Fall 2012.
MPress will be attending MIDEM, seeking licensing, booking, and other international opportunities for Rachael. For more information, contact us here!
Morrison's Lounge | www.morrisonspub.com
10 Rue Teisseire, 06400 Cannes
Saturday, January 28, 2012, 10:00 PM
Free show courtesy of 'midem off'!
About Rachael Sage:
A soulful vocalist and innovative keyboardist, singer/songwriter and producer Rachael Sage has become one of the busiest touring artists in independent music, performing 150+ dates a year throughout the US, UK, Europe and Asia.
Sage, whose music has received airplay on BBC Radio 2, has shared stages with Sarah McLachlan, Colin Hay, Judy Collins, Marc Cohn, The Animals and Ani DiFranco. She has performed at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival and received numerous songwriting awards including The John Lennon Songwriting Contest (Grand Prize) and several Independent Music Awards. Sage's songs have been licensed to HBO, MTV, and Lifetime television and her music has also appeared in the movie and on the Lakeshore Films soundtrack of "Fame".
In 2012, MPress will release her self produced tenth album, Haunted By You, supported by an extensive tour of the U.S. and Europe.
- “She writes a fantastic hook…She very much reminded me of Dylan in the way she approaches her work.” - Phil Ramone
- "A witty lyricist and an adept composer...heartfelt and revelatory" - iTunes Review
- "Sage sounds exactly like she looks: glamourous, sincere, sparkly and intelligent." - Music Week (UK)
- "foxy wit and undeniable talent." - Herald Scotland (UK)
- "*****...crystalline vocals and untamed craftsmanship." - Maverick (UK)
- "distinctive urban charm... Sage constructs a deft soundtrack that echoes a supper club." - The Dubliner (IRE)
- "gently surprising, singular touches that come across as effortless...instinctive" - Irish Times (IRE)
- "Genuine talent...Sage has a knack for writing melodies that will break your heart without making you feel manipulated in the process... Where there's poignancy there's also subtlety, unforced passion and knowing observation" - RollingStone.com
- "Pop music isn’t crafted as expertly as this anymore and Sage is the stitch between the great rock and pop traditions of the past and what those traditions have wrought – albeit almost invisibly – in the hypermodern world of the present." - Billboard.com
- "Sage is one of those frighteningly diverse talents who would easily make the rest of us feel inadequate if she wasn't so darn charming" - The Washington Post