Join Our Street Team!
Q: So, what's all this about a Street Team?
A: At MPress Records, we're always looking for excitable and enthusiastic folks to join our Street Team and help spread the word about the music. (Currently our Street Team supports Rachael Sage, but there are instructions below for joining Seth Glier's or Melissa Ferrick's team). With over 450 worldwide members and counting, we rely on our Street Team's word-of-mouth prowess, promotional zeal and collective chutzpah to continually build Rachael's grassroots fanbase — and help keep her career moving forward!
Q: Once I sign up, what can I expect?
A: After you agree to promote a show in your area, here's what you'll receive: a swag-o-licious sparklefest of promo, in a package lovingly sent to your doorstep a few weeks before Rachael is due to come through your town. Armed with an ample supply of posters and postcards, you'll hit up your favorite hipster hangouts and local underground hot spots (coffeehouses, clubs, record stores, etc.), spreading the good-shpiel and stirring up the buzz so as to ensure a packed house on show night!
You can also download .pdf versions of the posters and print your own!
- Rachael Sage - Haunted By You - Current US Tour Poster Version 1
- Rachael Sage - Haunted By You - Current US Tour Poster Version 2
Q: I really dig Rachael's music and am excited to help out, but ... um ... will I receive any special treatment or exclusive tchatchkes for my invaluable Street Team efforts?
A: Funny you should ask! Yes — in return for your mitzvot (good deeds), we'll put you on our VIP guest list for the evening, overwhelm you with goodies such as CDs, stickers, T-shirts and other fun stuff, and most importantly, sing your praises in the MPress office, where you'll be blessed with the infinite good karma of helping to promote one of your favorite independent artists!
Q: Are there any other ways I can help spread the word about Rachael's music, even if I'm not 100% sure I'm ready to sign up for the Street Team yet?
A: Absolutely! Here's a short list...
- Host a house concert! A house concert is basically a concert you produce in your home. This is a great way to introduce Rachael's music to new listeners; these shows are always so meaningful and fun, because her fans are intimately involved in presenting them! For more info on how to host a housconcert and what it's all about, check out houseconcerts.org. Once you feel you've learned enough to really get involved, contact Rachael's booking agency with your vision for the event – as well as an estimated number of attendees – and we'll do our best to make it happen!
- Check to make sure Rachael's CDs are stocked at your local record store! This is a great way to help — and since we're a small label, there's no way we can collect this information as expertly as you can. Plus, if her albums are not in stock, you can always ask them to order at least one of them at the counter. This shows the store that Rachael not only has fans in the area, but that they are supporting her at retail, which adds to the local buzz and keeps our CD distributor very happy!
- Request Rachael on the radio! One of the very best ways to support Rachael is to request her music on your local radio station! For a comprehensive list of stations who have received her new CD "Chandelier" as well as her current single, "Mexico", check out the radio page.
Q: So, how do I sign up?
A: If you're interested in joining the Street Team, being a mensch and getting in on the mishugas, check the Street Team box when you sign up for Rachael's mailing list, or send an email with your name / address / phone # and any other relevant thoughts to email@example.com.
To join Seth Glier's street team please visit: http://sethglier.com/interact/street-team
To join Melissa Ferrick's street team please visit: http://www.melissaferrick.com/mail.html
Other questions related to this topic should be directed to our resident Street Team guru, Rachel Derrico: firstname.lastname@example.org.