[Note: if you cannot see the images in this email, click this link to view online]
Happy (belated) New Year, and here's to a 2009 full of innovation, imagination and of course, lots of inspiring new music! Over the last few weeks Rachael's been hard at work on some new songs... So if things have seemed a bit quiet here lately, that's why. Not to worry - a flurry of exciting activity is on its way, so please peruse below and as always, keep an eye on Rachael's website for news & tour updates.
xoxoxo, light & hope,
- FEBRUARY/MARCH TOUR DATES JUST ADDED
- RACHAEL TO PERFORM AT "SUNSET SESSIONS"
- MPRESS RECORDS & RACHAEL AT FOLK ALLIANCE
- SXSW: MPRESSFEST 2009 ARTISTS ANNOUNCED!
- TERRY WOGAN PLAYS RACHAEL ON BBC2 RADIO!
- CONTESTS & MISCELLANEOUS MISHUGAS...
1. RACHAEL SAGE: FEBRUARY/MARCH SHOWS!
Sat. Feb. 7 • Bowery Poetry Club – 8:00-11:30 pm
Benefit for F.R.E.E.D. (Rachael performs at 9:30 sharp)
308 Bowery; 212-614-0505
New York, NY
Sat. Feb. 14 • 2009 Sunset Sessions – 10:30 pm
Feb. 18-22 • International Folk Alliance Conference
Sat. Feb. 28 • Godfrey Daniels – 8:00 pm
...w/ Seth Glier!
7 E Fourth St.; 610-867-2390
Thurs. Mar. 5 • Eddie's Attic – 8:00 pm
515-B N. McDonough St.; 404-377-4976
Fri. Mar. 6 • Acoustic Seen @ Coffee Underground – Time TBA
One Coffee St.; (864) 298-0494
Sat. Mar. 7 • House Concert – 8:00 pm
Tue. Mar. 10 • Jammin' Java – 8:00 pm
...w/ Keri Noble!
277 Maple Ave. E; 703-255-3747
Wed. Mar 11 • Gravity Lounge – 8:00 pm
...w/ Keri Noble!
103 S. First St.; 434-977-5590
Thu. Mar. 12 • The Evening Muse – 8:00 pm
3227 N. Davidson St.; (704) 376-3737
Fri. Mar. 13 • House Concert – 7:00 pm
RSVP required; call (336) 681-0109 or email the host to reserve
Sat. Mar. 15 • The End – Time TBA
...w/ Keri Noble!
2219 Elliston Place; (615) 321-4457
Mon. Mar. 16 • Southgate House – 8:00 pm
...w/ Keri Noble!
24 E. Third St.; 859-431-2201
Sat. Mar. 21 • MPressFest @ SXSW 2009
Soho Lounge - 12-5:30pm (exact timeslot TBA)
217 E 6th St.; 512-236-1705
2. RACHAEL TO PERFORM AT "SUNSET SESSIONS" ON VALENTINE'S DAY!
Rachael has been invited to perform at "Sunset Sessions", a music industry showcase in California that brings leading radio DJ's and film/tv music supervisors together to hear rising talent. (Past performers include James Blunt, Jason Mraz, Five For Fighting, Jewel & Jonatha Brooke!) Rachael will be showcasing on Valentine's Day at the La Costa Resort and Spa. For more info, visit www.sunsetsessions2009.com.
3. MPRESS RECORDS & RACHAEL AT INTERNATIONAL FOLK ALLIANCE CONFERENCE
For the sixth year in a row, MPress Records & Rachael will be attending one of our favorite annual music events, the International Folk Alliance Conference in Memphis, TN. An incredible gathering of over 2000 musicians over the course of five days, Folk Alliance celebrates the art of songwriting and features acoustic musicians from all over the world. Rachael will be performing in the always well-decorated MPress Room, as well as several other showcase rooms. Stay tuned for her detailed schedule, to be announced shortly!
4. SXSW: MPRESSFEST 2009 LINEUP & VENUE SELECTED!
Drumroll please...and the lineup for this year's SXSW MPressFest in Austin, TX is: Seth Glier, Katie Costello, Gregory Douglass, Rachael Sage, Melissa Ferrick & Amy Speace (plus special surprise guests TBA closer to the festival). On Saturday, March 21st we'll be returning to the fabulous SOHO Lounge on 6th Street in Austin, and presenting over five hours of great music - along with free drinks, food and giveaways. If you're planning on attending SXSW, pencil us in...you won't want to miss it!
5. "MOONLIGHT & FIREFLIES" PLAYED ON BBC RADIO 2!
"Moonlight & Fireflies" is Rachael’s current radio single in the UK. On Friday, January 23 Terry Wogan played it on his breakfast show, which is the premier show on BBC Radio 2. Terry exclaimed, “terrific! I love that little record!” You can listen to the segment here (the song was played about 58 minutes in), and check out the full playlist.
6. INDEPENDENT MUSIC AWARD "VOX POPULI" VOTING STILL UNDERWAY, & VARIOUS OTHER MISCELLANEA...
- Yes, you can still vote for Rachael in the Film/TV category of the Independent Music Awards & help her win the "Vox Populi" Award...
- Rachael's song "Memory" appears on Wildflower Records' new CD "Got To Get A Message To You" with Judy Collins, Amy Speace & Kenny White!
- Rachael's song "Alright, OK" is being featured this month on American Airlines' in-flight radio!
- Don't forget that February 22-28 is National Eating Disorders Awareness Week. Our friends over at NEDA have some really powerful events lined up to help raise awareness and promote discussion about EDs, which sadly, continue to affect as many as 10 million females and 1 million males in the United States. And if you haven't yet picked up your copy of "New Arrivals Vol. 3: Artists for Eating Disorders Awareness", now's the time! 100% of all proceeds benefit National Eating Disorders Association.
- Finally, a special shout-out to our friends at GirlieGirlArmy for helping to spread the word this month about our charity compilation, "New Arrivals"!
MPress Records - The Muscle Behind the Glitter!
VISIT THE RACHAEL SAGE SHOP FOR NEW MUSIC, RINGTONES & MERCH!
* * *
RACHAEL SAGE ON TOUR NOW - VISIT WEBSITE FOR UPDATES...
Full-Length CD "Chandelier" In U.S. & UK Stores Now!
www.rachaelsage.com * myspace.com/rachaelsage